Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Winter sun equals chicken fun!

Hey all - nice to have you back and reading. Yes it is winter here in the PNW but yesterday we got some sun. I let the girls out and was feeding them some leftover buns from a dinner. They love to peck and eat just about anything. But what they love the most is to be let out and roam around in the sun! They are so funny the way they lay out and sunbath some too. I got a couple of pics and thought that you might think they are funny.

You will note that part of the run is covered with some very light weight plastic netting. That is because the run is on a bit of a down hill slope and they kept running and jumping over the fence. So for about $3.50 I fixed them by covering the run. No more break outs! 

Here they are looking at the new mole hill in their pen. I feel sorry for the mole as they will catch it! I just tossed them some leftover rolls. A favorite in the coop.

Here is Bonnie. She is so pretty but kinda dumb. I could make a blond joke here but I will not.

Here is a great picture of Joan. She is my noise maker and talker. She is always complaining about something. This is a great picture don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment